We all have access to a powerful energy center within us that can help us feel empowered and in control of our lives. It is the Third Chakra, or Solar Plexus Chakra, located at the core of your chest. Solar plexus chakra affirmations can help awaken your personal power so that you can face life’s challenges with confidence and courage.
What is the solar plexus chakra?
Sanskrit name: Manipura
Meaning: Lustrous gem of the city
Location: Above the navel, around the belly button
The solar plexus chakra is the third chakra of the chakra system located within the human body. In Hinduism and yogic traditions, this chakra is thought to be the source of personal power, where emotion and intellect intersect. It symbolizes courage, strength, willpower and joy.
Work on solar plexus chakra activation is said to bring increased peace of mind and clarity while promoting step-by-step progress in manifesting your goals. Focusing on this energy center can also bring out qualities like self-worth and confidence that help you live life with a sense of stability and a higher purpose.
The Manipura chakra adds balance and vitality to every area of our lives – creating greater physical health and emotional stability. It helps us to burn away limitations that are no longer serving us so we can live a more authentic life and encourages us to take the leap that may help us reach our highest potential. Practising specific meditations can help open up this powerful energy center of confidence and clarity within ourselves.
Quick Facts About the Solar Plexus Chakra
- The Solar Plexus Chakra is the seat of our emotional energy. It is related to our personal power, self-confidence and identity.
- It is associated with the pancreas and digestive system.
- When balanced, the Solar Plexus Chakra helps us to be more self-aware and assertive.
- Imbalances can lead to a feeling of apathy, low self-esteem, and a lack of control over our lives.
- It is associated with the astrological sign of Leo.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra helps us to manifest our true purpose in life.
- Crystals such as Citrine and Tiger’s Eye are said to be beneficial for balancing the Solar Plexus Chakra.
Imbalances of the Solar Plexus Chakra
The solar plexus chakra can easily become imbalanced due to challenges related to relationships, critical events, stressors in our lives, or destructive patterns such as perfectionism and criticism. All of these elements may contribute to blockages in the solar plexus chakra.
Symptoms of an Overactive Solar Plexus Chakra
An overactive solar plexus chakra means that it is overstimulated, which can lead to feelings of anger, aggression, and dominating behaviour.
The main symptoms of an overactive solar plexus chakra are:
- Feelings of superiority
- A tendency to be controlling and dominating
- Difficulty in feeling compassion
- Constant worrying
- Need for constant approval
- Stomach pains
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Symptoms of an Underactive or Blocked Solar Plexus Chakra
An underactive or blocked solar plexus chakra means that it is not receiving enough energy, which can lead to feelings of insecurity, low self-esteem, and a lack of confidence.
The main symptoms of an underactive or blocked solar plexus chakra include:
- Feeling powerless or helpless
- Mistrusting others
- Low self-esteem
- Lack of motivation or enthusiasm
- Feeling apathetic
- Digestion issues
- Low energy
- Pancreas, liver, and colon issues
- Eating disorders
How can Affirmations Help Balance the Solar Plexus Chakra?
Positive affirmations are amazing tools when it comes to bringing balance and harmony to the solar plexus chakra. They can help to improve feelings of confidence, clarity, and self-assurance.
Affirming words have the power to rewire our subconscious mind so that we start thinking positively about ourselves and our capabilities. They contain deliberate positive language and promote self-acceptance by reminding us of our uniqueness, divinity, and worthiness.
Repeating positive affirmations regularly offers powerful emotional healing benefits by enhancing energy flow into the solar plexus area, allowing us to experience emotional warmth within our core. Affirmations can also be used for healing of all 7 chakras.
How to Use Affirmations for Solar Plexus Chakra Healing?
- Sit in a comfortable position and take a few deep breaths.
- Visualize the color yellow in your mind and imagine that it is radiating from your solar plexus chakra.
- Begin to repeat your positive affirmations out loud or in your head.
- Place your hand on your solar plexus chakra and imagine the healing energy of the affirmations entering your body.
- Spend at least 5 minutes repeating your affirmations and then take a few moments to sit in silence and reflect on your experience.
43 Affirmations for a Balanced Solar Plexus Chakra
10 Basic Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations to Repeat Every Day
1. I am confident and deserve respect.
2. I trust my intuition and inner wisdom.
3. I embrace change with courage and confidence.
4. I am in charge of my emotions.
5. I manifest what I desire in life.
6. I take full responsibility for creating my own reality through the decisions that I make each day.
7. My feelings are valid, valuable, and worthy of being expressed authentically and without fear.
8. I am capable of achieving anything that I set out to do.
9. I am open to exploring new opportunities.
10. I am grateful for all aspects of my life.
15 Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations for High Self-Esteem
1. I am strong and capable of achieving anything I set my mind to.
2. I have the power to create my own reality with courage and confidence.
3. I am worthy of respect from myself and the people around me.
4. Negativity does not affect me, and I overcome negative thoughts with ease.
5. I trust in my inner wisdom and intuition.
6. My body is a temple deserving of love and care, as it is where I reside!
7. I radiate and attract positive energy and confidence.
8. I am responsible for my own happiness.
9. My feelings are respected by both myself and those around me.
10. I accept myself unconditionally just as I am.
11. I radiate self-confidence wherever I go.
12. The universe provides me with abundance in many forms.
13. I stand firm in my personal power no matter what life throws at me.
14. My core values guide every thought, word, and action that I take.
15. My inner fire drives me forward towards success!
8 Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations to Access Your Personal Power
1. I am confident and powerful.
2. My inner fire is strong.
3. I set boundaries so that I receive the care and respect I deserve.
4. My body is a temple, and I worship it.
5. I take full responsibility for the pursuit of my own personal happiness.
6. I am happiest being my authentic self.
7. My soul is eternal and wise.
8. I harness the flow of universal energy.
10 Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations for Motivation
1. I am confident and courageous.
2. I trust my inner wisdom.
3. I am in control of my life.
4. I am powerful and capable.
5. I am worthy of achieving my goals.
6. I am open to happiness.
7. I overcome any obstacle that comes my way.
8. I am energized and motivated.
9. I am open to abundance and success.
10. I have the power to create my destiny.
Other Ways to Balance the Solar Plexus Chakra
- Meditation: Taking the time to meditate can help to clear the energy around the solar plexus chakra, allowing it to be balanced. Focusing on your breath and visualisation techniques (for example, visualising bright yellow light radiating from the solar plexus chakra) can help to open the solar plexus chakra and bring energy into the area.
- Yoga: Practicing yoga postures that focus on the abdomen and the solar plexus area (e.g., Bow, Cora, or Bride pose) can help to open and balance the chakra.
- Essential Oils: Aromatherapy with essential oils, such as basil, rosemary, ginger, or lemon oil can help to heal and balance the solar plexus chakra.
- Crystals: Crystals that are associated with the solar plexus chakra, such as citrine, can also help to open and balance the chakra.
What happens when the solar plexus chakra opens?
When the solar plexus chakra is open, one experiences a powerful boost to their self-confidence and will gain more control over their emotions. This can be seen through increased assertiveness, greater levels of motivation, and feelings of connectedness to one’s sense of personal power and values in life. Ultimately, engaging with the solar plexus chakra can bring about profound feelings of self-acceptance, joy, inner strength, and peace, leaving you feeling optimistic and happy about life.
What mantra do you say for the solar plexus chakra?
‘Ram’ is the seed mantra for the solar plexus chakra. It’s said that when chanted or even thought of, this powerful syllable brings a focused intensity to the solar plexus, allowing one’s energies to become aligned with their purpose. ‘Ram’ stimulates activity within this energetic centre, boosting sensibility and creativity. This energy works in harmony with other parts of our being, leading to a feeling of peace and strong personal empowerment.
What emotions does the solar plexus hold?
The solar plexus holds emotions such as self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-worth. It is also associated with feelings of power, control, and personal identity. Additionally, if out of balance, it can be responsible for emotions of fear, uncertainty, and insecurity.
What foods balance the solar plexus chakra?
Foods that can help to balance the solar plexus chakra include yellow fruits and vegetables (such as lemons, bananas, and squash), whole grains (such as oats, quinoa, and barley), nuts and seeds (such as sunflower and pumpkin seeds), and spices (such as turmeric, ginger, and cardamom).