The Root Chakra is associated with our connection to the Earth and helps keep us grounded. It influences our sense of safety and security, nurturing, and how we define ourselves in relation to the world. These root chakra affirmations will help you activate and harmonize it with the other chakras.
What is the Root Chakra?
The root chakra is the first of the seven chakras, and it is located at the base of the spine. This chakra is also known as the Muladhara, which means the “root of existence” in Sanskrit. The root chakra is associated with the element of earth and the color red.
The root chakra helps us feel connected to our physical body and environment. It is linked to our instinctual survival and security needs, such as basic needs for food, shelter, and safety.
When the root chakra is balanced, we feel confident, grounded, and secure.
How Many Chakras Are There?
There are seven main chakras and energy centers in the human body. Aside from the root chakra, the other six main chakras are:
Sacral chakra (Svadhisthana)
Location: just below the navel
Associated with: Our emotional, creative, and sexual energy
Solar plexus chakra (Manipura)
Location: Just above the navel
Associated with: Our ability to take action and make decisions
Heart chakra (Anahata)
Location: Center of the chest
Associated with: Love, compassion, and connection
Throat chakra (Vishuddha)
Location: Base of the throat
Associated with: Self-expression and communication
Third eye chakra (Ajna)
Location: Between the eyebrows
Associated with: Intuition and insight
Crown chakra (Sahasrara)
Location: Top of the head
Associated with: Spirituality and connection to the divine
The chakras play an important role in our physical, mental, and emotional well-being. When they are balanced and open, we are more able to access our intuition, creativity, and inner wisdom. We also become more in tune with our feelings and emotions, which allows us to better understand ourselves and our relationships with others. Additionally, we become more aware of our life purpose and our connection to the world around us.
Root Chakra Imbalance Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of root chakra blockages can be both physical and mental.
- Lower back pain
Mental and emotional symptoms
- Anxiety and negative thoughts
- Poor focus
- Low self-esteem
- Feeling disconnected from the world and others
- Feeling fearful about various things and outcomes
- Mood swings
- Difficulty sleeping
- Financial worries
The Benefits of Practicing Root Chakra Affirmations
Affirmations are powerful because they can help us to reprogram our subconscious mind. By repeating positive affirmation statements, we can create new neural pathways in the brain and create new beliefs and thought patterns that can lead to lasting change. Studies indicate that positive affirmations can link with the energy centers of the body. As such, chakra affirmations can heal all 7 chakras and have the power to combat issues like anxiety and depression, increase self-esteem, improve sleep quality, and many others. Additionally, affirmations can help us to tap into our inner power and manifest our goals and desires.
How to Use Root Chakra Affirmations
It is best to practice affirmations daily, focusing on the feelings that the affirmations evoke. You can practice affirmations out loud or in your head, but it is important to be consistent and to give yourself time to really focus on the words and their meanings. Most of all, you need to truly believe in the power of affirmations and their ability to help you achieve your best life.
How to Choose an Affirmation
When choosing affirmations, it is important to choose ones that resonate with you and feel true. Below we have provided a list of affirmations to help you start thinking about unblocking the root chakra. Feel free to use them directly if they resonate with you or amend them and chose the ones that feel most suited to you.
63 Root Chakra Affirmations
7 Affirmations to Bring Balance to All 7 Chakras
1. Root Chakra: I am safe and secure.
2. Sacral Chakra: I am creative and connected.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra: I am confident and empowered.
4. Heart Chakra: I am open and loving.
5. Throat Chakra: I am clear and expressive.
6. Third Eye Chakra: I am intuitive and wise.
7. Crown Chakra: I am connected to the divine.
6 Basic Root Chakra Affirmations
1. I am safe and secure.
2. I am connected to the earth.
3. I am grounded and present.
4. I trust in my own personal power.
5. I am supported by the Universe.
6. I vibrate peaceful energy and attract the same in return.
9 Root Chakra Affirmations for Healing Old and Childhood Wounds
1. I am worthy of love and belonging.
2. I trust in my own power.
3. I am safe in the present moment.
4. I am connected to my roots and my ancestors.
5. I am free to be my authentic self.
6. I am open to new beginnings.
7. I accept and embrace all parts of myself.
8. I am supported and loved.
9. I am worthy of all good things.
9 Root Chakra Affirmations for Humility
1. I am connected to the earth and its energy.
2. I am peaceful, calm, and centered.
3. I am humble and open to learning.
4. I am grounded and connected to my core.
5. I am secure in my relationships.
6. I am open to receiving abundance and love.
7. I am grateful for all that I have.
8. I am strong and resilient.
9. I am connected to the divine source of love.
7 Root Chakra Affirmations for Safety and Security
1. I am safe and secure.
2. I am grounded and present in the moment.
3. I trust in my own power.
4. I am supported and surrounded by love.
5. I am open to receiving abundance and joy.
6. I am worthy of all good things.
7. I am confident and empowered.
11 Root Chakra Healing Affirmations to Bring More Stability and Grounding into Your Life
1. I accept where I am today.
2. Every cell of my body supports my total well-being.
3. I am open to the flow of life.
4. I trust myself to make the best decisions for my life.
5. I am at peace with my life.
6. I am connected to my inner strength and courage.
7. I am free from fear and anxiety.
8. I am resilient and strong.
9. I am worthy of love and respect.
10. I am worthy of my own compassion and kindness.
11. I am in alignment with my highest truth.
15 Root Chakra Affirmations for Abundance
1. I am open to receiving abundance in all forms.
2. Abundance comes to me easily and effortlessly.
3. I am grateful for the abundance that flows into my life.
4. I have an abundant mindset that attracts wealth and prosperity.
5. I am surrounded by infinite possibilities and opportunities.
6. I have unlimited potential to grab life’s opportunities.
7. I have the power to manifest abundance in my life.
8. I am worthy of living an abundant life.
9. I am surrounded by people who support me in my abundance journey.
10. I am in alignment with the abundance of the Universe.
11. I am filled with gratitude for all the abundance I receive.
12. I am surrounded by love and abundance.
13. I attract abundance in all areas of my life.
14. I am a powerful creator of abundance and prosperity.
15. I manifest wealth and abundance with ease.
Other Ways to Activate And Unblock The Root Chakra
Besides affirmations, there are several ways to activate and unblock the root chakra to bring back a sense of calm and balance back into your life and restore the body’s natural state of harmony. Rather than picking one or two of these methods, we recommend practising a couple of the ones you feel most connected with, combining their powers in a holistic way to achieve deep inner peace and heal the entire body and mind.
One way is to meditate on the color red, which is associated with this chakra.
Find a comfortable, seated position and focus on your breathing. As you inhale, visualize a bright red light entering your body and filling your root chakra with energy and vitality. As you exhale, imagine all of your worries and fears being released.
You can also try visualizing yourself standing with your feet firmly planted on the earth and imagine energy rising up through your body and out through the top of your head.
When combined together, meditation, affirmations, and sound healing all target the root chakra is a powerful tool for a balanced root chakra.
Some poses that are particularly beneficial for the root chakra include the Child’s Pose, Standing Forward Bend, Tree Pose, and Mountain Pose.
You can also try poses that activate the root chakra, such as Warrior I and II, Half Moon Pose, and Tree Pose
Additionally, practice deep breathing and grounding visualizations while in each pose.
Sound healing and the solfeggio frequencies are also great ways to unblock the root chakra. The root chakra is associated with a frequency of 396 Hz, which has the power to help you realize your goals by overcoming subconscious fears, worries, and anxiety. Additionally, you can use sound healing techniques such as chanting, toning, and singing to unblock the root chakra.
Other helpful tips and tricks
You can also try aromatherapy with grounding essential oils such as sandalwood or cedarwood, wearing red clothing, root chakra crystals for healing, or eating red foods to reconnect with your root chakra.
When is the root chakra overactive?
An overactive root chakra typically occurs when someone is overly focused on security, money, and material possessions. This can manifest as an anxiety or fear of not having enough, or a need to constantly acquire more.
Does spending time in nature and practising affirmations help to open the root chakra?
Yes, spending time in nature, practising grounding exercises and affirmations, and engaging in physical activity can help to open the root chakra and bring more balance to the energy system. Additionally, focusing on the color red, eating grounding and nourishing foods, and engaging in activities that bring a sense of security can also help to open the root chakra.
Can I remove negative beliefs from the subconscious using affirmations to cleanse and open the root chakra?
Yes, affirmations can be used to cleanse and open the root chakra by helping to remove negative beliefs from the subconscious. Affirmations are positive statements that are repeated to oneself in order to create a more positive mindset, and this can help to open the root chakra and allow for more creative and positive energy to flow.